MacKay Minutes 2016/10/20
Jump to navigation Jump to search
How did we do on our todo list?
- Continue with GIS strategy
- Continue with linear regressions
- Continue working on R/Mathematica/etc. animation strategy
- Continue looking into shapefile structure
- Poster Session -- any news?
- Why not unwrap the data? Rather than consider it "by year", let's consider it a time series with occasional spikes, and see what falls out? We might ramp the data up from "first appearance" to "becoming common" dates, using a logistic or the like. Then we can run a time series of temperatures over the data, to see which month/period pops out.
- Grant possibility....
In the News
- Species On The Move: As climate change impacts habitats around the world, species are on the move, trying to adapt — and survive.
- The USA National Phenology Network
Todo for next week
Thursday, 10/27, 3:00