Hot Spots of Global Climate Change
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A summer course carried out via an expedition across North America (the last, doomed expedition of Krug and Long?)
- Pine Beetle infestation -- Helena, MT (the speed of climate change)
- Reforestation project visit
- Coal mines of Wyoming (CO2 liberation)
- Flora and Fauna of Yellowstone (the speed of climate change)
- Precipitation changes in the Cascades (changing climate patterns and impact upon vegetation)
- Mt. St. Helens (volcanism and protective effect from climate change)
- Sea Level rise in Alaska: e.g. Newtok, Alaska, but you can't get there from here!
- Glacier loss in Glacier National Park
- Carbon offset (emission from the trip)
- Reforestation project participation
- Low impact living upon the land as we go (sustainability).
- Data collection along the way.
- Modeling as we go.
- Reading papers appropriate to each site prior to arrival.
- The Google Map (version 0.1)