CURM Seventh Meeting, 10/14/2008
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- First of all, important planning stuff: would it be okay to meet next Thursday, since Tuesday is a day off? Jon Hastings can come at 3:30.
- Last time we had a look at non-linear regression on a couple of other situations. We also planned out an attack on some of the modeling that we need to do for the Wasp project:
- Grayson was going to be looking at the distributions of the four cicada species.
- Katie was going to be looking into the distributions of cicadas taken by wasps of various lengths.
- I also asked Katie to look into the data of the wing lengths versus body masses, with an eye towards developing a power model that will improve on the linear regression model originally proposed.
- What have we discovered?
- What did you think of the current current Problem of the Week?
- A different kind of Problem of the Week. The questions are:
- Which package is the best deal?
- What is the value of each component of the packages?